We recently adopted a beautiful Chocolate Labrador puppy, and both my husband and I felt that it was better for the dog if we stay near home during the adjustment period. The kids are fine with the idea, so we are all happy!
We live on a beautiful island that is visited by thousands of tourists during the summer. Prince Edward Island is located in Atlantic Canada. Thus, we figured that we should take advantage of our awesome location. After all, not because we decided to stay here, it means that we could not have fun.
We have not finished yet, but have made a list of fun activities that we can do on the Island. They are all short-term and budget-friendly activities that can be done almost anywhere. Most activities can be done with the children, but others are for adults only.
1. Boat fishing
2. Petting zoo
3. Attend summer parades
4. Attend free outdoor family movies
5. Visit a farm
6. Socializing with the neighbours
7. Take advantage of special events organized by the city and/or local organizations
8. Tour the local ice cream factory
9. Arts and crafts
10. Read books at the park
11. Picnic at a local park or at the beach
12. Have coffee at a cafe
13. Have lunches or meals at unique places
14. Go for bike rides or hikes
15. Have a glass of wine on the deck at least 3 times per week
16. Drink the morning coffee on the deck
17. Go to the beach as often as possible
18. Go for long walks
19. Go camping
20. Go to the drive-in theatre
We did a couple of these activities today, and it was just wonderful. We took the afternoon off and had lunch at a restaurant that is surrounded by water and an amazing garden. It was just perfect. Below are some pictures.
Do you have other ideas for fun family summer activities?